Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I changed the IAC valve and it idles fine now but the engine…

I changed the IAC...

I changed the IAC valve and it idles fine now but the engine light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

It does not stall but the trouble code shows IAC valve

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. It was idling at 1200 rpm before and now it idles at 800 which is fine but the ck engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

10/19/2017
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi what model is your car and what is the code number that you have ??

It's a 2001 and the trouble code translated to IAC valve. It's brand new.

can you post a pic of the dash with the key signal ??

sorry that was not for you

it is very common for the valve to burn out the ecm I think that is the problem your having if the valve is new and you still have a problem with the code not resetting

did you try to reset the code with a scan tool ??

R​ U THERE ?

Yes sir. I cleared it with a scan tool and the light came back on shortly thereafter.

did the electrical connector t the valve melt when the valve went bad ??

No sir it was still pretty clean

ok replace the ecm this is common for the valve to take out the ecm

Bummer. Thx

your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks.

3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

p​lease remember to rate as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

h​I I really need you to come back and rate as I will not get credit till you do thanks.

3pac2222
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician