Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My G37 aux keeps saying "reading File" but dosent go to the…

Customer Question
My G37 aux keeps...

My G37 aux keeps saying "reading File" but dosent go to the itunes like usual. but its charging the phone... whats wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G37?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing . i just found out yesterday the radio works fine but the aux is messed up

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to reset

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Infiniti
10/4/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Is this a new phone? Did you try another Iphone to see if it would work? Did you try another cable?

two different cables did that need to know how to reset the radio. The charger works cause the phone charges . Dosent play Aux

Are these after market cables or Apple cables? Did you try another Iphone? There is no reset for this.

Let me know..

Using a iPhone 7 charger on my iPhone 7 phone that was working fine for 1 year until yesterday
The phone charges . The AUX dosent work all of a sudden

I understand that. Just cause the phone charges does mean it's all good. The Aux function uses a different section of the phone and the cable.

That is why I am asking if you tried another phone and a known good apple cable. I had one customer with 4 cables that were all bad.

Did you update your phone recently? Did you try try restarting your phone?

When ever you are dealing with issues like this, since there is more than just the car involved. The phone or the car.. So I am trying to rule out the phone before I rule out the car. That is why I am asking you to try things..

I used my iPhone and wife's iPhone . Same results and using apple iPhone cords . Still nothing just says reading file and doesn't go to the songs

Is this ITunes? Are you using a Apple cord? If so, then I will tell you how to go into Self Diag to see if the Radio has any faults in it...