Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The cars starts fine but when I put it in drive it stalls…

Customer Question
The cars starts fine...

The cars starts fine but when I put it in drive it stalls and loses all power. I have a 2000 Infinity Qx$

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Oope Qx4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - I took it to my mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He said he tried replacing the sensor but that didn't work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Infiniti
10/2/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has any warning lights come on at all with this issue or any fault codes checked for?

Was anything checked or tested to try and locate or repair this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

My mechanic said the distributor was heavily corroded so he cleaned the rust out and it seemed to run fine. I drove it to the mall and on the way back - it stalled again. No warning lights. When I stopped for a red light it stalled. I got it to start again, but then as I was driving - it seemed to hesitate a few times when I stepped on the accelerator and then stalled. It would start and I wou
l'd put it in gear and then it would stall after doing this a few times - it failed to start right away.
Also he said he changed the sensor but that didn't work either - it kept stalling.

Can you tell me what sensor was replaced?

no I am sorry - I can try calling my mechanic and see what he says

O.k.,if you can find out then come back here and post this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete

ok

Let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete