Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0171 and P0300. 04 g35x. Air filter, pcv valve, new plugs,

Customer Question
P0171 and P0300 Mechanic's...

P0171 and P0300

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

04 g35x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

Air filter, pcv valve, new plugs, replaced coil pack cylinder 1, and cam angle sensor bank 1 yes I am

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?

Air filter changed about 1k ago, mpg is very bad about 15ish

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine code comes and goes on the dash, there is troubles getting the car to start some times and there is power loss some times

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

what brand spark plugs did you install?

Ngk copper
All the issues were present before the plus were swapped

Is this a coupe or sedan? did you remove the plenum when you did the plugs?

G35x sedan no I didn't remove the plenum.

Do you have a scanner that can read fuel trim? Cause one of the codes shows your running lean. Also do you have a Cold air intake or K&N filter?

I have k&n filter drop in filter and 350z intake with plenum spacer. Ran that way for 40k no issues.

I understand, but when you have a K&N air filter, and you run the vehicle lean for a long period of time, you can damage valves. That is why I am asking about if you are able to read short term fuel trim?

See it all the time with cold air intakes and K&N air filters. Also plenum spacers. When you are making those type of mods to a car, you need to update the injectors to accommodate for more air.

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 9 months ago

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the

page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay