Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Q45. The rear climate control system blower…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Q45. The rear climate control system blower has little to no function.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I am at square 1. I needed to remove the t pillar cover for an unrelated issue. This prompted me address the blower issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
9/23/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There is not a rear blower motor. There is a rear vent door motor. Could this be what your are referring to? It is underneath the front section of center console where it meets the dash - see attached

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thank you for replying. There is no air getting to back seat eithe the vents in the center console or the rear facing pillar vents. BTW the forward facing pillar vents do not work either. Drivers side pillar is currently uncovered FYI.
Please be patient if I am slow to respond. We are rebuilding our home after being flooded by Hurricane Harvey.

HI,

Ok, I dont believe the rear vent door motor controls the air to the front vents, but let me pull the schematics to verify.

Sorry to hear about your house.

HI,

Ok, the other vents you are referring to are controlled by different motors. All the motors are controlled by the A/C auto amp located behind the right side of the dash by the blower motor. see attached

This most likely is failing. I have attached the testing directions for it, which you want to do as this part costs around $400, so you need to make sure it is at fault

If it should test good, then it is the climate control unit at the dash that is faulty

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you. Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

It is taking some time to do the testing. Please standby.

ok

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager