Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put the car in park and it says p shift but the car is in…

I put the car...

I put the car in park and it says p shift but the car is in park when I close the door a loud beeping noise goes off non stop. What can this be ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking and it's 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Infiniti?

Ex 35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything I don't know what it is . I was wondering if you've heard of this before ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is due to a bad Park switch in the shifter assembly. This is what detects the vehicle is in park and tells the car that. So when it's bad, it doesn't see it's in Park when it is. So it alerts you to put it in park.

So the only way I am afraid to resolve this is to replace the Shifter Assembly.

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Can I replace it with out taking it to a dealer ? And do you know how much it costs?
Phone call session started