Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 Maxima. P1126 and P1122. Vin: 1N4BA41E74C849141. Please…

Customer Question
04 Maxima. P1126 and P1122...
04 Maxima. P1126 and P1122. Vin: 1N4BA41E74C849141. Please help. I've already replaced the throttle body with a hitachi new throttle body unit. I did the relearn procedures of key on 3 seconds, off 10 seconds (three times) and then key on 3 seconds, press/release pedal 5 times within 5 seconds, wait 7 seconds and then press and hold pedal down until service light goes off, release pedal and start vehicle within 3 seconds. Car drove fine and then later that day would go into limp mode and not accelerate above 1500 rpms and pop codes P1122 P1126. A troubleshooting tree or wiring schematic would be great.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
9/17/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I have seen the aftermarket t/b not do well with the nissans, and on top of that they are super hard to relearn even the oem ones, with factor programing I have had to do it 5 or so times just to get it to learn correctly

Ok. I'll start with trying the relearn again, or maybe even replace the throttle body again being that it does have a 1 yr warranty.

you may get it to take after a few tries, I would also check the connectors as I have seen those cause a lot of issues

FYI, I'm pretty savvy with the lingo and with wiring diagrams and schematics etc.... Also, Is there a wiring diagram available, so I can also check for continuity checks to and from the ECM and TBU. I was also doing other research on the situation and saw that sometimes the MAF can cause this issue as well (what's your input on that). And as far as the relearn procedures that I performed, did I miss anything?
Update. Disconnected and reconnected battery. Performed all 3 steps to relearn procedure (KOEOff for 3 sec and 10 secs) and then Key on engine off for 10 seconds and then key off for 10, and then Key On for 3 seconds, press pedal 5 times within 5 seconds, wait 7 seconds and then hold pedal until service engine light goes off, and within 3 seconds of light going off, release pedal and starting vehicle. Did these steps about 4 times. The first time, after vehicle got to normal idle, and pressing pedal, vehicle responded correctly, but after about 15 seconds of driving, vehicle went into limp mode.
Good Evening Mr. Shawn, Will you be able to provide me with a wiring diagram and possible troubleshooting steps
Another Update. When performing the relearn procedures, the butterfly valve never moves during any of the on off cycles of the key. I'm pretty sure the new TB is faulty, however I need to figure out what is causing it. I'm speculating the ECU or wiring, but the wires that I inspected at the TB and 8 inches back into the harness are not cut, frayed, nicked, burnt, etc. Definitely need that schematic and possible troubleshooting steps. someone please help.