Ok, there is an idle learn specific for this vehicle.
Vehicle » Powertrain Management » Fuel Delivery and Air Induction » Idle Speed/Throttle Actuator - Electronic » Service and Repair » Procedures » Perform If Throttle Actuator Is Replaced » Idle Air Volume Learning
icon_prd_right_vehicle.gif 2002 Infiniti G20 L4-2.0L (SR20DE)
save-icon.png Save Article
1. Turn ignition switch "ON" and wait at least 1 second.
2. Turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Check that all items listed under the topic "PRE-CONDITIONING" (previously mentioned) are in good order.
5. Turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds.
6. Start the engine and let it idle for at least 15 seconds.
7. Disconnect throttle position sensor harness connector (brown), then reconnect it within 5 seconds.
8. Wait 15 seconds.
9. Make sure that idle speed is within specifications. If not, the result will be incomplete. In this case, find the cause of the problem by referring to the NOTE below.
10. Rev up the engine two or three times. Make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within specifications.
NOTE: If idle air volume learning cannot be performed successfully, proceed as follows:
1. Check that throttle valve is fully closed.
2. Check that downstream of throttle valve is free from air leakage.
3. Adjust closed throttle position switch and reset memory. (Refer to Basic Inspection.)
4. When the above three items check out OK, engine component parts and their installation condition are questionable. Check and eliminate the cause of the problem.
5. If any of the following conditions occur after the engine has started, eliminate the cause of the problem and perform "Idle air volume learning" all over again:
- Engine stalls.
- Erroneous idle.
- Blown fuses related to the IACV-AAC valve system.