Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have an interesting problem with my 2009 Infiniti G37. When…

Hello. Have an...

Hello. Have an interesting problem with my 2009 Infiniti G37. When I turn the power off, the display unit stays on. I have pulled the power to the battery and reconnected after 10 min. The display then comes on. Do you know what is happening?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes, and battery is fine. It is actually only 5 months old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to if possible. Not sure what to try.

9/16/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the battery disconnect does not work, that is normally due to a BCM issue. Sometimes you can get a water leak over there and it builds corrosion on the connector which can cause power to transfer from one pin to another keep the display on, or simply just due to internal control unit failure. So I would check the connectors first and if not corrosion is found, then you know it's the control unit.

When replacing this control unit, it will require configurations to be done, programming, key re-programming. So you will need all your keys present and tire pressure sensor programming. This can only be done with a scanner. So it's recommended to be done by the dealer.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Oh about the water leak. That is normally due to either where the engine harness comes through the firewall or a clogged sunroof drain if equip with a sunroof. But if you don't find any corrosion or signs of a water leak, then it's simply due to a control unit failure.

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
There is no corrosion from what I can tell. Nor any signs of a leak.

then it's most likely due to internal control unit failure.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician