Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I installed a new BCM in a 2013 G37, and reset NATS, but now…

I installed a new...

I installed a new BCM in a 2013 G37, and reset NATS, but now the car thinksit's a manual transmission,

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Fault code B210F

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's an automatic, installed a new BCM

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Using a Consult III +

9/14/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Was this a brand new BCM? or used?

Brand new, from infiniti,

Ok.. That BCM comes with a Default Configuration. When ever you change the BCM you normally would log into the OLD bcm and save it's configuration with the scanner. Then after you install the new one and program the remotes, then you write the Configuration to the BCM so it can operate properly. So your running off the default configuration with the New Bcm..

So you will need to have the BCM configured and if you still have the old BCM, capture the old configuration so it can be written to the new one.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician