Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I was getting my sterwork changed and all of a sudden my

Customer Question

I was getting my sterwork changed and all of a sudden my windows won't work I can't unlock all the doors with my key only manually and also my car won't start and security light is blinking
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: I did I believe the car is in thieft mode or something
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 96 q45
JA: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea so far I checked all the fuses and relays everything is fine the car cranks but won't start like it's out of gas
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also checked fuel pump is fine... just trying to figure out how to disable the alarm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

all of the items you listed are all features of the BCM. I would have the BCM checked for your issue. If it needs to be replaced, all keys will need to be reprogrammed to the vehicle and tire pressure sensors programmed and Bcm configured. But this is best determined using the scanner that we use at the dealer to verify.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Since keys are programmed to the BCM, that can keep the car from starting.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!