Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 g37 coupe hardtop convertible has the top in between…

Customer Question
My 2009 g37 coupe...

My 2009 g37 coupe hardtop convertible has the top in between up and down tried battery idk wtd but 9need help asap my dad has hopsice and im the only one to make decisions can u help me vfix it yes or no

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yres and its not i was in process of putting it down hit the key to kill iy without thinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Convertible?

09

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and al;l kinds of stuff its has a code come up trunk open

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Infiniti
9/12/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 9 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Ty Chad. My dad isn't going to make it and I'm stuck dude. Please help means
Me

hey how are you ,sorry about ur dad

you think you can try this procedure for resetting it and see if it was a glitch and we go from there , that is only way with out a capable scanner to reset it to have it working again by itself if that do not work , there is emergency manual way to do but will involve 2 people and some muscle to move it

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

hey it says door trunk open on display in your pic u sent me there like paration in the trunk ,can you check that in place

Please review pdf file ,click on link to view

I'm going try to finish procedure. I'm going to hit u bk n jus a few
Did not work

ok , can you send me picture of it to where it is stuck,unfortunately the manual closing procedure on this model will require a capable factory scanner and i know you do not have one now

can you check that nothing is obstructing the top movement ,

My problem is still not fixed
Nothing is obstructing it

ok , at this time that is all i know on it ,not sure if none worked ,you might need a scanner to retrieve fault codes from top module or re calibrated using scanner BUT I will opt out of your question and open it TO other expert that might be able to assist you more on it

Just do not reply back to me since it will lock question back to me and other expert want see it to assist you further on it

just wait and question will be picked up by other expert

good luck with it

You said two people and alittle muscle would do it
Hello
Infiniti Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent the top from working and unless you can see physical damage then a scan tool is most likely going to be necessary to diagnose and repair this.

The instrument cluster said that the trunk was open in a picture you sent. Was it actually closed?

Hello

Hi.

Hey I've been talking to y'all for a few days. I'm trying to get the top on my 09 Infinity g37 to go down It's stuck half way up because the car was killed while it was being put down. I've done the battery thing. Help please

Do you mean that the battery died while using the top without the engine running?

No my little boy hit the ignition button while it was halfway

The instrument cluster said that the trunk was open in a picture you posted. Was it actually closed?

Hello
Still tryin to get refractable down. It's. Stuck halfway open.

Are you unable to see my posts?

Now I can see them
When I say trunk open now that it is stuck open. When I crank car now and hit. Close the trunk open light comes on. That's when nothing else happens

But is the trunk actually open when it says that it is?

It's the whole rear part of the car is open. The separator is in place
With the back part open with the trunk latched unlocked the top will make a noise like it's fixin to move but doesn't. With the latch in locked position the top does nothing

Can you upload a picture of the current state of the vehicle?

I was tryin to put it down.

It appears the trunk is latched. Is that correct? The latch is at the rear.

The latch is at the rear of car. But it's not until the rear the trunk actually isn't latched at this point. The trunk isn't gonna latch till I put it down. I can manually flip the latch but that when it says trunk open. Either way I have it it won't work

So you're saying that the trunk lid is not actually latched?

Right. And if I manually flip it to locked everything stops

What do you mean by 'flip it to lock'?

The trunk latch

But what happens if you actually close the trunk?

It's a convertible. That's the whole problem the back part of the car won't go down

I'm not asking about the top and the front of the trunk not lowering, I understand it won't work. I'm asking about the trunk latch at the back of the trunk. The instrument cluster said the trunk is open, if the trunk lid is not latched then the top isn't going to be allowed to work.

With the back of the car up the latch is up in air. Either way I put the latch when not locked it will act like it wants to close. When I lock it. Nothing works