Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Flood damage, entire interior of 2012 G37!! we got parts

Customer Question
flood damage, entire interior of...
flood damage, entire interior of 2012 G37!! we got parts estimate from dealership; how to estimate labor costs?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Infiniti G37. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: not that I can think of!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
9/12/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have the estimate you could send?

I have a list of parts & their costs put together from Infiniti dealership parts departments; I'll attach that.

oh wow, are you totaling the vehicle?

these look like the full price without labor totaled in, were they not able to give you the labor, im confused on this

38; I'm not sure why... I'd just like to make sure an estimate is fair. any list you know of for the parts involved?
we might get some of the parts secondhand, but would still need the labor costs)

oh wow ok so I can get you a rough estimate of that. if you were to individually do a labor cost on each one it would be insane, as a lot of those parts are overlapping in the assembly process, I also dont see any modules on there which are surly bad as well, and I can almost guarantee there will be more parts needed as the process continues, I have done a lot of flood vehicles and there hasent been one car yet where the estimate was even close to what the vehicle needed

is that a coupe, sedan or convertible?

G37 sedan

you looking at 40-60 hours labor at the dealer labor rate depending on how they break it down,

Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician