Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Push button will not ingage starter. All power functions

Customer Question

Push button will not ingage starter. All power functions come on, so it's not a battery problem. I tried inserting key fob into the slot, still no engine.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: How can I check? Will it work with no battery if it's inserted in the key fob slot?
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2009 m35x
JA: Are you fixing your M35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2009 m35x
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm sitting in a gas station parking lot. This just happened for the first time when I got back in my car.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Try putting the car into neutral and see if the engine turns over to start? Also pay attention to see if you hear a single click when trying to start the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Didn't work in neutral. Yes there was one click
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. A single click is a sign of a bad starter I am afraid. So that is why it's not engaging. You will need to replace the starter to resolve your issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

When it comes to electrical parts, I always suggest getting them from the dealer. After Market Starter don't tend to last. The average is a year or less if you even get one that works out of the box. So I know the dealer is more expensive, but I would get the part there. That is just my recommendation on that.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!