Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Push button will not ingage starter. All power functions…

Customer Question
Push button will not...

Push button will not ingage starter. All power functions come on, so it's not a battery problem. I tried inserting key fob into the slot, still no engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

How can I check? Will it work with no battery if it's inserted in the key fob slot?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2009 m35x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

2009 m35x

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm sitting in a gas station parking lot. This just happened for the first time when I got back in my car.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Try putting the car into neutral and see if the engine turns over to start? Also pay attention to see if you hear a single click when trying to start the vehicle?

Didn't work in neutral. Yes there was one click

Thank you. A single click is a sign of a bad starter I am afraid. So that is why it's not engaging. You will need to replace the starter to resolve your issue.

When it comes to electrical parts, I always suggest getting them from the dealer. After Market Starter don't tend to last. The average is a year or less if you even get one that works out of the box. So I know the dealer is more expensive, but I would get the part there. That is just my recommendation on that.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!