EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My G35 makes a thumping sound at speeds greater than, It

Customer Question

My G35 makes a thumping sound at speeds greater than
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It sounds like the engine compartment. Replaced
JA: What year is your G35?
Customer: 2006. I replaced 12 fasteners that were missing on the air cleaner, battery cover, fan shroud and the grille.
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got it back from a custom car guy that tuned it up, and replaced the fasteners
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car has 134K miles and has been an excellent vehicle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Did you check the shields underneath the vehicle? Also in the wheel wells make sure the splash shields are installed correctly. If any fasteners are left loose or missing there you will get a flapping or thumping sounds when driving faster.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.