Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have noticed the CPO 2014 QX 70 with 34780 miles i bought

Customer Question

I have noticed the CPO 2014 QX 70 with 34780 miles i bought is using about a quart of oil evert 1000 miles. I took it back to the dealer at 38,610 miles, they said they could not find anything wrong but wanted me to come back every 1000 miles to check. My first trip back I was told everything looked good but the oil on the dip stick had moved from the top fill line to halfway to the low side. I have not notice any smoke from the tail pipe but do see black sut. I looked the engine compartment over again to see if I could see any oil leak thinking that much oil lose should be easy to see. I can not find anything related to a major leak but I did find oil around the driver side valve cover. The passenger side looks dry. Could this be my issue? Why is it occurring with low mileage? Can this cause long term problems? I have about 40,000 on the vehicle today.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you buy this car from the dealer? Also did you mark the dipstick to verify that you are loosing a quart every 1k miles?