Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have no sound coming from my speakers. I have a 2007

Customer Question

I have no sound coming from my speakers. I have a 2007 infiniti m35 with navi . Stock BOSE system. Speaker test in diagnostics passes and I can hear everything but when i try to play radio or cd there is no sound. Once in a while i will hear it faintly and it will play with static noise. Also havean error that says FLASH ROM ERROR IN CONTROL UNIT 3 in the history.!!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If you put a CD in, does that have sound? Did you try to clear the code?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i had cds in there now. Ive cleared the codes a couple times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The code remains the same. It just changes in value. Eg: FLASH ROM ERROR IN CONTROL UNIT 3 (where the 3 will become a 4 , then 5, and keep increasing occasionally.)
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

That is key cycles that it's recording each time you start the car. That is why the number is ***** up. That Flash rom is a internal issue with in the Audio unit. Since there is a internal issue with the audio unit, that could be why it's not producing sound as well. I know it passes the sound self test, I have seen it do that. But this sounds like a internal issue with in the Radio.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a fix for it? Or would i need to buy a whole new unit? I thought it was an anp problem beforehand but i guess not
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

You would need to replace the unit. What state are you in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in PA . What part number would it be?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

https://www.modelelectronics.com/services.aspx

Here is a place that maybe able to a Radio Exchange for you. You send them your unit, they send you a Re-man unit. They are out of NJ.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok cool. I will contact them on monday they are closed now. Would it happen to be the NAVI audi control unit ? Exploring a few options, i could purchase one online they arent too expensive .
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

I think the Navigation if I remember right on the 07 is in the glove box. At least the Rom is for it. So that is something totally different from the audio unit, but you do need to let them know you have that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok ill have to call and check then to make sure. From what ive researched it controls the audio ' video andnavi .
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Those are the Navigation units. Not the Audio unit

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ran self diagnosis and every connection comes up green. I cant think of anything else besides the amp. I can hear static sometimes , or could it be a wiring problem?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

There is a pin test I can give you to test the amp if you have the proper tools to do it. If that passes, then we know the issue is the audio unit..

Let me know and I could provide that information when I get home from work..