Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have no sound coming from my speakers. I have a 2007

Customer Question
infiniti m35 with navi...
I have no sound coming from my speakers. I have a 2007 infiniti m35 with navi . Stock BOSE system. Speaker test in diagnostics passes and I can hear everything but when i try to play radio or cd there is no sound. Once in a while i will hear it faintly and it will play with static noise. Also havean error that says FLASH ROM ERROR IN CONTROL UNIT 3 in the history.!!!!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If you put a CD in, does that have sound? Did you try to clear the code?

i had cds in there now. Ive cleared the codes a couple times
The code remains the same. It just changes in value. Eg: FLASH ROM ERROR IN CONTROL UNIT 3 (where the 3 will become a 4 , then 5, and keep increasing occasionally.)

That is key cycles that it's recording each time you start the car. That is why the number is ***** up. That Flash rom is a internal issue with in the Audio unit. Since there is a internal issue with the audio unit, that could be why it's not producing sound as well. I know it passes the sound self test, I have seen it do that. But this sounds like a internal issue with in the Radio.

Is there a fix for it? Or would i need to buy a whole new unit? I thought it was an anp problem beforehand but i guess not

You would need to replace the unit. What state are you in?

I am in PA . What part number would it be?

https://www.modelelectronics.com/services.aspx

Here is a place that maybe able to a Radio Exchange for you. You send them your unit, they send you a Re-man unit. They are out of NJ.

Ok cool. I will contact them on monday they are closed now. Would it happen to be the NAVI audi control unit ? Exploring a few options, i could purchase one online they arent too expensive .

I think the Navigation if I remember right on the 07 is in the glove box. At least the Rom is for it. So that is something totally different from the audio unit, but you do need to let them know you have that.

Those are the Navigation units. Not the Audio unit

I ran self diagnosis and every connection comes up green. I cant think of anything else besides the amp. I can hear static sometimes , or could it be a wiring problem?

There is a pin test I can give you to test the amp if you have the proper tools to do it. If that passes, then we know the issue is the audio unit..

Let me know and I could provide that information when I get home from work..

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician