Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2 things primarily. 1. the sensors on the front drivers side…

Customer Question
2 things primarily. Mechanic's...

2 things primarily.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

1. the sensors on the front drivers side dig with the cars sitting in drive and 2. the lift gate sometimes more than not will not stop when it opens it automatically wants to close whats up with this

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The front bumper crash sensor no codes have been detected at this time

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Infiniti?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
the front crash sensors on the drivers side ding when the car is stopped and in drive even with nothing around.
the lift gate will automatically start closing when it reaches the extended open position on its own
hello anyone there??
9/6/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

What is the model of your 2013 Infiniti?

When you say no codes have been detected, are you using a scan tool that can read body control modules

Jx35
no I haven't but my nephew is a certified auto mechanic and he has one that I can use just didn't know what to look for
if you want to call me that's fine but I'm not paying $26 for a phone call!

HI,

Ok, give me 5-10 minutes to pull the schematics and review them.

Most scan tools will have a menu and list - powertrain, abs, srs, body control, immobilizer, and the other modules and you select which one. For this you will select body control and follow the menu directions to retrieve the fault codes

HI,

I will need to opt out as I do not have this schematics. IF another expert does, they will post here to you

you just leave me hanging. I demand a refund what a fraud!!