Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2 things primarily. 1. the sensors on the front drivers side

Customer Question

2 things primarily.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 1. the sensors on the front drivers side dig with the cars sitting in drive and 2. the lift gate sometimes more than not will not stop when it opens it automatically wants to close whats up with this
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: the front bumper crash sensor no codes have been detected at this time
JA: What year is your Infiniti?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the front crash sensors on the drivers side ding when the car is stopped and in drive even with nothing around.
the lift gate will automatically start closing when it reaches the extended open position on its own
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello anyone there??
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

What is the model of your 2013 Infiniti?

When you say no codes have been detected, are you using a scan tool that can read body control modules

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jx35
no I haven't but my nephew is a certified auto mechanic and he has one that I can use just didn't know what to look for
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you want to call me that's fine but I'm not paying $26 for a phone call!
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, give me 5-10 minutes to pull the schematics and review them.

Most scan tools will have a menu and list - powertrain, abs, srs, body control, immobilizer, and the other modules and you select which one. For this you will select body control and follow the menu directions to retrieve the fault codes

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I will need to opt out as I do not have this schematics. IF another expert does, they will post here to you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you just leave me hanging. I demand a refund what a fraud!!