Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Catalytic Converter #2 had number 1 replaced about 8 months

ago but it was under...
Catalytic Converter #2 had number 1 replaced about 8 months ago but it was under warranty. should they have not just changed out all of them knowing that there are major problems with these in this car? Now to many miles on care and not under warranty and cost is 1600.00 bucks. This is very frustrating due to infiniti knows it major issues with this part and now has redesign of part to correct problem that i am having,
JA: Has the vehicle been "scoped out"?
Customer: what does that mean> They ran diagnostics on it
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2013 JX35
JA: Are you fixing your JX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i took it to the dealership, now just trying to see if i could get fight with to get them to pay for it. Its not right..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you fix it cheaper without using infiniti parts and is so what are the advantages and disadvantageous of this.
8/17/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately if only one was at fault at the time you had it repaired under warranty all they are allowed to do is replace the one under warranty.Warranty wont pay for both unless both had an issue at the time it was in for the previous repairs

You can however explain to Infiniti that you just had one replaced not to long ago and now the other has failed to see if they will help in any way with the costs.In some cases they will help if this is a common fault and if this has failed soon after a previous repair.It is worth talking to them to see.Below is their contact info.

1(###) ###-####/p>

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks for your help

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician