rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

A couple days ago I heard a buzzing noise coming from under

A couple days ago I heard a buzzing noise coming from under the hood of my 2006 qx 56. The ignition switch was off. I raised the hood and the noise was coming from a fuse box directly behind the battery. I took the cover off and the noise was coming from what appear to be relays with a blue colored top. One in particular seemed to be making the most noise. Yesterday when starting the car I heard a small popping sound like something blew. Since then my brake,Vdc and slip indicator lights are on. Don't know if the noise I heard under the hood and the lights being on are connected. I have tried to look in the manual and on the Internet to get a description of what these rea
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: fluid level is full. I only recently purchased the vehicle and don't when the fluid was changed
JA: Are you fixing your QX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really except trying to diagnose the problem and find out if the buzzing relays are part of the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Ron and i will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The relay that you identified under the hood was failing, then it finally failed and caused these issue you have. Show that part to the parts store and get a new one and put it in. Everything should be okay then.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron