Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I own a 2003 M45 (117,000 kms) the trunk doesn't pop open

I own a 2003 M45 (117,000 kms) the trunk doesn't pop open like it used to. I had the struts replaced April 2014 with authentic parts 84431 and 84430 it was almost $500.00. It was always convenient to open the trunk and so easy to self-close. Do you have the parts in stock? I am a very happy customer on Nanaimo Nissan as we do not have an Infiniti dealership here. I think to order from here it is going to be several weeks from Japan. Thank you, *****: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: Where or what should I spray ?
JA: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have not done anything but have talked with my service rep.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is the trunk doing exactly right now? Does it pop open but does't stay up? Does it not open?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it pops open ,but sometimes it recloses itself. When it opens I have to lift it up and it stays up. It's difficult if my arms are loaded. It used to go up higher by itself

Give me a few mins and I will call..