Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

09 g37 coupe stalls in reverse and drive runs fine in park

09 g37 coupe stalls in reverse and drive runs fine in park and nuetral.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does it stall as soon as you put it into Drive or Reverse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

How many miles are on the car? also do you have any warning lights on when the car is running?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
111,346 m. No warning lights

If there is no warning lights, that is most commonly caused by a bad torque converter. The stator in the torque converter instead of it being free when the torque converter is spinning, it's locked so it stalls as soon as it goes into gear it will stall. So the torque converter would need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jay I install new torque converter and now transmission will not rev past 3200 rpm and shifts really hard
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Buddyz car has 11 engine codes. I will send them in a few

Was the Tcm checked for any software update?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
B1086
B1150
B1120
B1125
C1130
U1000
P0725
P0717
P1721
P0744
P0335

What the heck is going on? You had no codes before this issue, but now have all of these codes after the torque converter was installed? Did you get the part from the dealer? Who did the repair?

You now have ABS codes, Transmission codes and Crank Sensor code as well as a U1000 code which is a control unit failure or communication code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did the repair and no. No codes before but it is possible the battery was disconnected then charged and I didn't see codes until today when I actually drive it. Super weird!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know!

Well the first thing you need to do is Erase all codes and see which come back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anyway I can do that without a reader?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
None off the parts store will erase due to liability issues

No, The ABS codes will not clear. The only way to really do it is with a advanced level scanner to clear them all out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By advanced you mean

Yeah. Advanced level scanner.

It's the type of scanner that can communicate with all control units and clear all codes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me go borrow my dad's snap on solus ultra. I'll get back with you

ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
P0335
C1130
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Vdc(trac) stays off. Indicator light stays on
Slip- indicator stays on
Sluggish cranking
Won't rev over 3200 in park or gear
Rough shifts

The P0335 , That is the crank sensor. That connects to the bell housing of the transmission. Make sure you have that lined up properly. The rubber grommet is in place.