Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently bought a used 2001 infiniti I30 and I had my own…

Customer Question
I recently bought a used...
I recently bought a used 2001 infiniti I30 and I had my own mechanic check it out. No big problems that I couldn't handle. A week after driving the car the ABS , SLIP, TCS OFF LIGHTS are on in the dash. Just put new pads on the front, rotors looked good, back pads are going to need to be done in a month... I'm curious what these lights mean and what might be the problem. The car does pull to the right and left at higher speeds
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/7/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that will cause the ABS and associated lights to come on and it will require some testing to determine the cause of the problem.

The ABS light comes on when the ABS module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from the brake switch to the module itself, wiring, the hydraulic control unit and pump motor, wheel speed sensors, the steering angle sensor or yaw sensor. The most common cause of an ABS light would be a bad wheel speed sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!