Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm replacing my radio in 2004 infinity g35 sedan I bought…

Customer Question
I'm replacing my radio in...
I'm replacing my radio in 2004 infinity g35 sedan I bought radio and dash kit with all harnesses but the radio only has one plug and adapter has two plugs but we have the air plug left and nowhere to plug it
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/6/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

what radio wiring kit did you buy for that?

Turbo metra
JVC KW-R920BTS CD Receiver
JVC KW-R920BTS
Quantity Price Total
1 $119.99 $119.99
INFINITI G35 SEDAN 03- MS
MasterSheet Installation Instructions
Your MasterSheet is attached to this emailQuantity Price Total
1 $0.00 $0.00
Docuprint for 120ASWC1
Docuprint for 120ASWC1
Quantity Price Total
1 $0.00 $0.00
Nissan Antenna Adapter Diversity antenna to Motorola M & F
Metra 40-NI10 Antenna Adapter
Quantity Price Total
1 $8.32 $8.32
Infiniti G35 OEM Adapter Infiniti G35 03-Up, Tan
Metra 99-7604 Dash Kit
TanQuantity Price Total
1 $158.32 $158.32
Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Interface
Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Quantity Price Total
1 $49.96 $49.96
OEM Amplifier Integration v.4 94-up Nissan/Infiniti
Scosche CNN03 Wiring Interface
That's everything I bought

looks like the right stuff so you have the base system right and not the bose?

No I have bose
I bought everything from crutchfield and told them it was a bose system do I need something different

there should be more than one connector on the back of the radio if you have the bose system, and dosent that one have the steering wheel controls already stock?

My original bose system has 4 plugs but the new stereo only has one

oh ok noooooooow I get it, you have to wire all of these together, its a really fun wiring game, usually color to color but with all the extras you got it may be a little different

I'll have to hardwire the ac plug into the plug I plug into back of radio
Do you have a diagram on how to do this

the a/c plus should be in the dash piece you bought and there are no diagrams to do this with, each comes with a diagram in the packaging and it needs to correspond with each harness, you also need some blue and red but connectors and or solder and heat shrink for the wiring, I might suggest if this is to overwhelming to take it to a stereo shop for wiring it should only be about 1 hr labor to get the connections correct

They sent a adapter with the kit and it fits on the ac plug but where do I plug the other end

the adaptor may not be needed it should just go into the dash piece, thats a universal kit they sent

Hows it coming?

Ok it's all Hooked up I connected the a/c plug to back of finisher but still doesn't work
Radio works but not ac

if you plug it back into the old one does it work ok?

It's working now now I'm going to hook up steering wheel controls

ok let me know how that goes

Ok thanks

sure thing!