Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

This past week, my fob stopped working - despite replacing

Customer Question

This past week, my fob stopped working - despite replacing the battery a month ago. This week, my windows have rolled down on their own when I open the door manually and pop the trunk. The car seat had moved on its own, too. Today, when the car was off and the keys were in the ignition, all the windows rolled down, my chair moved, the alarm went off and my doors unlocked. The doors have unlocked while driving now, too. Not sure how serious this could be or what else could go wrong from the problem!
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: G35 2003
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a mechanic. They're closed at moment so I try to do some research on the issues to be informed. I haven't figured out anything so far. I checked to make sure the fob battery was in right (I replaced it with a new one a month ago), and it had no effect on the issue. Then the windows started rolling down the next day on their own
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

I was going to go with a robot transformer joke, but ill stick with the normal tech talk, more than likely you have a BCM that is malfunctioning , im almost positive you have some codes in there that will lead us to the answers of why your car is going nuts