Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cuts off at the light a, Stop light and sometimes while

Customer Question
Cuts off at the...

Cuts off at the light a

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Stop light and sometimes while driving smell gás black fume comes from tailpipe accelarates up and down while idle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

1999 q45

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put on crankshift sensor

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/6/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it's smoking black and smells like fuel then it's running very rich for some reason and that's going to be related to it dying. There are quite a few things that can cause it to run rich such as a bad oxygen sensor, coolant sensor, MAP or MAF sensor, and injector control issues, and it will require some testing to determine what is going on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician