Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My cooling fans are not turning on fans are good I just

Customer Question
My cooling fans are...

My cooling fans are not turning on fans are good I just replaced them Looking for a fuse or relay 2006 G35 Coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

165k miles was running fine and then started over heating I checked and one fan was not working so I replaced the dual fan unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, my self I replaced the dual cooling fans manually checked that both fans in teh unit work when I run the car it over heats and the fans do not come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to know where the relay and fuses are for that car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/5/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question,

The fans are controlled by the IPDM. Do you have a Volt meter to do a quick test? Would like to see if the fans are getting power. It's quicker to check that then to actually access the fuse in the IPDM. That is why I would like to check that..

let me check that. What next if no pwer

What you want to do is turn the engine on and turn the AC on. This way we know that the command is being sent to turn the fans on. Then check for power at the fans. If no power is present, then we will need to access the IPDM which is located behind the battery. So the passenger side wiper cowl cover will need to be removed along with the plastic around the battery as well.

Okay. I checked and there is no power to the fans. I started the can ran the ac and the car almost over heated but still no fans

Ok.. So if you have no power at the fans with the engine running and AC on, then we will need to check fuses. Hang on while I get you the fuse location.

Do you have a Test light? We need to check main fusible links and fuses. If they are all good, then you have a bad IPDM.

what do we need to test

Need to check fuses in the IPDM. Here is where it's located.. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/IPDM%20G35.jpg

Okay which ones?

You have two fusible links which is by the battery. Those we want to check first.. Getting locations..

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 10 months ago

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay