Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My infiniti g35 coupe 2003 cranks for 6-7 seconds to get…

Customer Question
My infiniti g35 coupe...

My infiniti g35 coupe 2003 cranks for 6-7 seconds to get started

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Plus the engine light, vdc and the slip lights are on as well

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/5/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you had a chance to get the vehicle scanned for any codes?

No not yet. Do you think it is because of the codes?

yes, this will tell us where to look next and fix the issue

But do you think that the codes would make a problem with you starting of the car? I can tell it might make a difference with the engine lights , slip and the vdc. But with the cranking sound I'm a bit confused. So, do you recommend me to take the car to the mechanic again?

yes those vehicles have cam and crank sensor codes and would cause starting issues, as well as a ton of other issues that could also cause starting issues, and I do know know your abilities and skill level so I can not make that call, if you feel like you can handle some electrical testing and auto repair, then we can troubleshoot this and get the car fixed, but if not I can also help you when your at the repair shop and make suggestions after the diag to help you save money on that end as well,

can you technically give me an idea what should I tell the mechanic to do with his computer because I'm going there tomorrow. It has been almost 2 months. Very stressful

are you going to a dealer or a independent?

I'm going to an independent. What you recommend?

I would say the dealer, there computers built to deal with these cars not many independents have the computer capabilities and experience to get the job done and will most likely throw parts at it instead of fixing the issue, but whatever you decide I can still help you after you get the diagnosis before you approve any repairs, I can guilde you to some money savings and possibly something you could do yourself

Is there something that you can guide me with so that I can save some money. Something that I need to do stepwise. Please.

yes but it will be after the diagnosis and quote when you take it in, just dont approve any repairs and let me know what they say, It should be just 1 hr diagnosis for finding the issue

Hey I just wanted to ask you one more question. My car's reverse light, looking glass auto adjustment and tiptronic doesn't work. I think its the sensor problem as well but can you give me a hint if it is the sensor or not? I'm a bit confused.
Thank you

So I did some digging and found that all of those systems go though the TCM which is the transmission control module, you should be coding for that, though it may not throw a check engine light you still could have some codes in the computer, you can get the codes red at any local auto parts store for free and that would help me tell you whats going on with the system .