Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Turn signals don't work when I do hit them to turn on I

Customer Question

Turn signals don't work when I do hit them to turn on I notice hazards light come on. When u press hazard button the hazards lights don't come on kinda weird
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Under the hood I did look but there might be more under column I have an Infiniti g35 sedan 2003
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just looked at fuses under hood so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 12 yrs with car this a first
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some tests?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That I do not at the moment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would I be testing
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

We would be checking the hazard switch. The power for the turn signals runs through the hazard switch. So we would start there to make sure it's going out where it should be. Since the hazards aren't working properly I am suspecting the hazard switch is causing the issue, but it would be nice to test it out and see.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O ok and how would I get to that or test hazard switch is there a certain voltage that need to be read
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

I mispoke, this one is new enough that the body control module is running the signals to the lights. It also has the flasher relay in it. There are a couple fuses under the dash you can take a look at, #14 and #19. If they are good then in all honestly it would be best to have it checked with a scan tool. The signal switch and the body control module use signals to turn the signals on. They can easily be diagnosed with a scan tool and then you could perform the repairs yourself to save money.

Sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will check them fuses out like I said it's a first hot pulled over already and also a guy thought I wanted to race cause flashers was on and I didn't know turn signal wasn't working 12 yrs with car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

It is kind of a strange issue. Is the air bag light on when you are driving it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No air bag light
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Ok sometimes a bad spiral cable for the air bag can cause these types of oddball issues. If it's not on then it's not the problem. I just don't see the switches fail very often so I am thinking you may have a problem with the body control module.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's located?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I take it where fuses are underneath
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

One sec, I can get a diagram of it I believe.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

It's mounted below the fuse box. Check and make sure you don't have any moisture in there.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!