Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I've reset my ecu, and I've done all the pedal resets,

Customer Question
Hi, I've reset my...

Hi, I've reset my ecu, and I've done all the pedal resets, however my car idle's low. it runs just fine, however the idle is low, not rough, just low, without A/C it'll be around 250 rpms and with AC around 600-650 both when fully warmed up

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Its not rough its steady at around 220 it's never stalled on me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2004 g35 sedan base not x also thanks for the help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

So I had some maintenance done recently to see if that was the issue, changed spark plugs, cleaned throttle body carefully, cleaned and exchanged air intake after the spark plug change, the at was idling slightly high and threw an SES light at me so I reset the icu, and it started idling low again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that's all thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
8/3/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What codes are you getting exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not getting any codes now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I was getting codes, I probably wouldn't be asking for help, the problem is the car is idling smoothly, yet low, and I'm getting no codes

The only thing that controls base idle is the computer and the electronic throttle chamber. You have done a idle relearn on the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have indeed, using the pedal method. I think I'll just keep trying it and see what happens, thanks Jay

If the manual way does not work, you may need to use a scanner. The manual way won't tell you if the computer has accepted the relearn, where the scanner would.