Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Wow this si a thing, my 04 inifity win't start, it has a

Customer Question

wow this si a thing
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: my 04 inifity win't start, it has a plug in on the front, if the battery is dead will it charge it? 04 g35
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: no and no
JA: What year is your G35?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing basically i just tried to start it and it appears that ther battery is dead although the radio is still owrking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing i can think of
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

If the plug you are talking about looks like a regular plug that would plug into a wall outlet, that is the engine block heater plug used to heat the coolant and oil in severe cold weather. It will not charge the battery.

If yours has an aftermarket battery minder, it will also have a regular plug but it is located by the battery. That would charge the battery but takes 24hrs for a dead battery

You will need to use a jump box, or jumper cables hooked to another car's battery to jump it immediately

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.