Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Shut off while driving...not. Starting...slip vdc came on

Customer Question

Shut off while driving...not. Starting...slip vdc came on before shutting off
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yea yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 05 g35 coupe
JA: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced both cam sensors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ecm really was buzzing...I replaced it...car fires with starting fluid../has power at fuel pump...fuel pump doesn't seem to be coming on.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Is the security light on solid or flashing while you are cranking the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Solid
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Ok, the immobilizer has it shut down. There isn't any injector pulse which is why it will run on the starting fluid but not when cranking. You will need to have the dealer or a mobile locksmith reprogram the keys since you installed a new ecm and it will solve the problem for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced the ecm relay. Not the ecm. Car was running fine. Seems to want to start if I shoot starter fluid in it. Fuel pump relay and fuse are good. Car shut off while driving.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

If the security light is solid, the keys lost programming. This has to be the place to start as it won't run with that light solid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay. What can cause that? Only wondering because I don't want to pay to have it reprogrammed just for it to unprogram itself again.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Well, sometimes it can happen simply because you had a cell phone to close, or the battery disconnected for to long. Speed pass and some thruway passes will cause it as well. I just know as long as the lights solid it's not going to start. No way to bypass it either sorry to say.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?