Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am not getting power to the ac pressure switch on my 2006…

Customer Question
I am not getting...

I am not getting power to the ac pressure switch on my 2006 Infinity M45

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes. It's good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Just checked the fuses that we see labelled for ac. They are fine. We unplugged the wire going to the low pressure sensor and there is no power in that wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ac was literally working one day but not the next.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Infiniti
8/1/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This would mean wiring or connector problem, if both are good then ECM is the problem. Wires connect to ECM, here is a wiring diagram to help with testing. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h71q6dcptop521k/acpse.pdf?dl=0

My mechanic swapped out what he thinks are relays next to the fuses in that hard to get to spot behind the battery. He was trying to see if one of them was bad, cause he said he didn't really have a way to test them. So when he swapped them, he told me to go start the car and see if the AC compressor would kick on. Well....the car wouldn't even click or turn over. All the dash lights come on, but nothing. It's doing some weird things with the lights and the security light flashes now. So he swapped the relay back and the same thing. Car won't start. I drove the car to him for AC and now the car is stuck in his driveway. Did we make the car disable itself cause it thought we were trying to steal it??

There are no relays that would cause this, as you can see in wiring diagram it gets voltage directly from the ECM. I'd probably find a different mechanic for electrical problems. Disconnect battery and touch cables together for 2 minutes with battery disconnected to try and reset system. Also make sure no fuses are blown.