Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I try to turn it on and the radio comes on but the dash

Customer Question

I try to turn it on and the radio comes on but the dash lights don't and it doesn't even try to start we replace the ignition fuse relay and rewired some of the connections to the battery and it hasn't helped
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes I have
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: The only time the dashboard turns on is the only time my car will start
JA: What year is your Infiniti?
Customer: 2002 qx4
JA: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replace the ignition relay redid some wires got a new battery none of it has helped
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you try to start it, what is the truck doing exactly? Is it turning over and not starting? When you turn the key to the ON position, does all the warning lights come on as they should?