Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Trying to close the roof. It just stopped.. The passenger…

Customer Question
Trying to close the...

Trying to close the roof. It just stopped. . The passenger side at the front seems to be in place hooked to the top of the windshield but the drivers side is still an inch or two away

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2009 G37s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far. I just unhooked the battery .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Not yet but when I was closing the roof the car was running

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
7/30/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

lets do A Master reset first ,make sure we have a good 12 volt battery first , then we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and start & try closing roof again

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Didn't work
I don't have many tools and I have read I will probably need a scanner to fix this problem.

If the sunroof is uneven , it could be issue in the track itself, did you inspect the track for any obsturctions

stand up on the door frame and look from above down in to tracks anything in the way

the sunroof motors will quit after few seconds if it feels tension and can not move so it will prevent further damage

was the opening and closing prior having issue

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician