Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Slip light, vdc and abs are on following an avoidance

Customer Question

Slip light , vdc and abs are on following an avoidance maneuver when a car ran the light.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2004 infiniti q45 with 65K miles
JA: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, taking it to dealer but need to know if it is just a reset, new module, need or more
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

In most cases with those lights on its a steering angle sensor reset, Do you happen to know the codes in the vehicle?