Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I own an infiniti 1994 Q45. The starter will not engage.

Customer Question

I own an infiniti 1994 Q45. The starter will not engage. seems electrical.
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: Any info is appreciated. Alan
JA: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery is full charged . There is a faint hum when I turn the ignition key to engage the starting.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Do you know how old the battery is?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
one year

So if you think the battery is good you would need to verify voltage at the starter, you will need a multimeter, do you know how to do this?