Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2010 infiniti fx 35 mirror mechanism is loose. It won't

Customer Question

my 2010 infiniti fx 35 mirror mechanism is loose. It won't fold in but the whole assy moves as i drive. the function of moving the mirror up down in or out works fine. I heard some gear grinding noises 2 days ago. I had to tape the assy to keep it from moving as I drive.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The noise was coming from the assy itself, but hasn't made any noises since that first time I heard it
JA: Are you fixing your FX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything, just taped it so it wouldn't move from wind against it from driving. I would fix it myself if I knew how to take it apart and see what the problem is.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as the phone calls are concerned they do cost more and I am not the one asking for or pushing for a call the website is.

Has the mirror been hit?