peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My qx is not starting. That is fine the car turn over but

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My qx is not starting
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes that is fine the car turn over but not fire up
JA: What year is your QX?
Customer: 05
JA: Are you fixing your QX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well just tried to star the car and turn over engine but won't fire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I check all the fuse and the are ok
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the fuel pump failing.I have seen the fuel pump fail commonly before in the past and cause this fault here with it needing replaced.I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if this is a fuel pump issue here with the pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete I don't thing that is the fuel pump

O.k., can you tell me all that has been checked or tested here or why you think it may not be the pump at fault?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok the injetors were check and there was now power coming to then
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I check all the fuse and they were ok but what I think it's is that the car is anti theft mode and don't want to start
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
also all my dash lights are on and what also notice is that the fan when i put they into on star working with stoping and not crank

O.k.,with no signal to the injectors this does usually indicate the vehicle is in theft mode here.This is usually caused by a theft component failing not reading the key properly.I have seen the immobilizer that reads the key fail and cause this here as well as the body computer that is tied into the anti theft system fail needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set in any of the computers.There should be at least one code set related to the theft system that will help to diagnose and pinpoint which component needs replaced.In some cases it is just the key itself needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete