Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Trying to get more info on on a 2001 qx4 there are about 4

Customer Question

trying to get more info on http://www.justanswer.com/nissan-infiniti/8ddm3-infiniti-qx4-disable-alarm-permanently.html on a 2001 qx4 there are about 4 greenish wires, hard to tell which one to ground or tell which PIN is 31 like Don Mo Lurch mentioned. Is there a way to tell, or a way to see which wire this one should be leading to confirm grounding the right one to disarm the alarm permanently?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Infiniti QX4. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no, i think that is it
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I couldn't find an image or diagram of this that really explained the smart entrance control unit... Maybe someone has that for this vehicle.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does your alarm go off is that why you want to disable it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my brother gave me the car and said it spontaneously goes off sometimes at 2am. He also said dome light flickers on while driving. My guess is that a door, sensor, cargo, etc is out of whack, but I really don't want the alarm at all. It's a 2001. I just want to disable it permanently.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Yes.. That is a indication of a door adjustment issue. Now I can help you isolate that cause the factory alarm can not be disabled...

would you like me to explain what you can do to identify which door is causing the alarm to go off?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** your posts about the doors, but I don't want to spend a lot of time figuring those out. I might do it to solve the dome light later but would really just like to disable the factory alarm that runs the headlights when it goes off. I dont WANT ANYTHING setting it off randomly.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

I hear ya.. The factory alarm is integrated into the car so it can't be disabled. But if you do find lets say the passenger rear door is causing the dome light to come on, if you just unplug that door switch, it disables that door from setting off the alarm

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
well, that might be helpful...I will try to wiggle all the doors etc and figure it out but really want to permanently disarm it. Don Mo Lurch said running a ground from smart pin 31 light green wire to body would do it but the wiring is a bit more complicated...not marked well and a few green wires to choose from. Any idea how to identify the one Don Mo Lurch is referring to in order to try it?
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The way you would do this is to open all the windows and the get out of the vehicle and lock the doors. The security light will turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds then start the blink. Once it starts to blink it means it is then armed. So then you would grab each door and pull and push to see if you can set the alarm off. If you find you can do it with one particular door, that is the door that would need to be adjusted. You adjust it by loosing the two screws on the striker and using a hammer and tap it in towards the body. Then tighten it.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, I'll let a friendly mechanic in MOnterey, TN know what you recommend. Still hoping to really whack it forever but maybe can sort out the root cause. If my neighbors shoot me or it with a Winchester when it goes off at 2AM, I'll let you know.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/4b8ii-nissan-datsun-pathfinder-2004-pathfinder-door-locks.html had a similar diagram but didn't help me decipher it much.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Try what I suggested and I am sure you will find the door that has the issue causing the alarm to go off.

Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Just checking in since I have not received a Rating. Do you have any more questions on this?

If not, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work.

Thanks Jay!