Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

During the last 3 months my car has completely died while

Customer Question
driving. Every time it was...
During the last 3 months my car has completely died while driving. Every time it was either when I came to a quick stop or complete stop. Each time I put the car in park and restarted it and everything was fine thereafter. However, it's concerning me that this has happened 3 times in a month. Overall I feel like my car idles a little low on the RPMs. My car is a 2008 and has around 85,000 so I know problems can start around now. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
5/10/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is there a check engine light on now ?

did you scan it & retrieve fault code ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hello. No check engine light. I didn't have my car scanned but had an oil change recently, after the first time it stalled.

usually the CKP sensor or the MAF sensor will make it die while driving

also a vacuum leaks will do that ,if you go to local parts store and scan for free and post the fault code back here for me

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Ok, will do. What kind of scan do I ask the auto parts store for?

do you have advance auto ,auto zone ,oreily , just tell them you have check engine light on and you wanted scan to get the fault codes & they will give you a print out and post them back her for me and i can help you further and be accurate on it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician