john aka eautp
john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years ase certified
6149662

I have Infiniti Qx56 2011 and check engine soon light pop

Hello. I have Infiniti Qx56 2011 and check engine soon light pop up. Vehicle is running poor, looks like not enough power...we checked with code reader and it shows P0090 and P0087.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. We would like to fix ourselves..we did nothing yet..trying to figure out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just what should we change and what these codes could mean

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

did you recently run out of gas?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, never

they are fuel pump codes give me a few ill get you some more info...any running issues?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
P0090 and P0087

yes i know the codes does it have any running issues or motor noise?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vehicle drives poorly it looks like not enough power
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No motor noise
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean runs poorly

this is somewhat of a common issue with these likely you are experiencing is timing chain stretch. This will affect how the vehicle runs, and will generally make noise. Some early 2011 and 2012 models have a older style chain that stretches. When it does it actually rubs against what infiniti calls a oil jet, or the actual Chain. The oil jet is what sprays oil on the timing chain as it rotates. This is very labor intense job as the oil jet would need to be replaced as well as all the timing chains along with updated gears since the factory gears timing marks are wrong. So the gears are replaced

The Chain drives the high pressure pump Direct injection pump.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have recall appointment for timing chain next Monday
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is safe to drive vehicle till Monday ? Or should I bring it to dealership as soon as possible..

there ya go its likley the issue... i would not drive it i would drop it off early

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ohh...ok, I will go there tomorrow...thank you so much for your help...as for single mom it was so helpful.. I really appreciate

no problem hope you can rate my service 5 star and best of luck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will rate . Thank you !
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One more question, so timing chain can have something in common with fuel pressure regulator...

no not really

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
John S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. My car now is at dealership. They said it is problem with timing chain and something else..something with fuel pump..so we will see.
Thank you for answers

The Chain drives the high pressure pump Direct injection pump. just like i said in my answer a 5 star rating gets me paid for my services