Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2010 Infiniti fox 35. When you start it goes click

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Infiniti fox 35. When you start it goes click click and then starts. After setting over night in garage it does do it. If I Drive it a short distance, visit my mother in law for 1 hour, it clicks several times before it starts. I replaced the starter and it still does it. i have had 3 mechanics including dealership look at it and I still have a problem. What do you think it is?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

I believe you have A battery drain but it is a small one that will take over night or depends on temperature outside the colder the less time will take .

the key is to check for battery drain on each circuit , this can be hard to find the way to do it is using the below procedure ?

is there any check engine light on now?

did the dealer give you nay report on it ,did they do a full scan on all the car module and all comes out ok and passed ?

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

was the ignition switch pined out and the connector checked , the trans mission range switch , the battery cables from battery to starter & alternator for corrosion or being lose , i m assuming they checked all that but i kind doubt the did the battery drain test ,usually i leave a voltmeter on hooked up over night and measure the battery drain and then start pulling parts one by one of the suspected circuit , this can take a day or 2 , how long it took them to test it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I replaced battery and mechanic load tested it. Could it be fuel pump or spark plug related for it does not do it every time. I burn Shell premium gas.

the key is ,what are you losing at time of failure ,spark or fuel or both ,we need them to start

but i thought you meant , it want even crank over

does crank over and but don't start ?

or it does not crank over at all ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I have tried to call you m but my screen shows you need to upgrade your card on file

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat