Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2003 G35 infiniti sedan driver set won't automatically move

Customer Question

2003 G35 infiniti sedan driver set won't automatically move when key is removed or inserted to the ignition. And the passenger seat do not move at all. they both went out at the same time.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have looked at both fuse boxes. and everything seem to be okay there. I have looked to see the wiring is okay and not burned out. that is fine. I do hear a clicking noise on the driver side. And the control/position setting of the driver set buttons still light up green for #1 or #2. The passenger seat has clicking noise too
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess thats it
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the drivers power seat work at all? Also did you check all fuses with a test lights?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the ones that are circled in the Red are not lighting up. I have bought NEW ones and they are still NOT lighting up
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have read you response incorrectly.No the power seats do not work at all. As I mentioned from my 1st question.And YES. I have tested with the test light.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Start signal one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont understand what you are asking?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

The fuse that is not getting power.. The one labeled Start Signal and heated mirrors?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what about it? I advised they both are not getting signal? what is your suggestion?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Start Signal only gets power when the key is in the ON position.

The heated mirrors are a option your car does not have. That won't cause the seat issue.

Does the power seat work on the drivers side? or are they both dead?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the clarification.As I mentioned in the beginning. The driver side and passenger both do NOT work. They both went out at the same time. However, I do hear a clicking noise when I try the switches on both seats. I do see the GREEN lights (memory seat position) light up on the driver side when I push it
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Ok.. Then I would recommend you have the Drivers Seat Control unit checked for your power seat issue along with the BCM. It's going to be a control unit issue if both power seats are not working. But the proper diagnostic steps need to be taken to determine which one is the culprit.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Just checking in since I have not received a Rating.

Do you have any more questions on this? If not, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work.

Thanks Jay!