Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2004 Infiniti G35X Replaced Throttle Body with negative off

Customer Question

2004 Infiniti G35X
Replaced Throttle Body with negative off battery
Did the relearn procedures
Idle is at 1,000 Rpm
Revving is rough
Vdc and Slip lights stay on along with Service Engine Soon
Do I replace Throttle Body
Do I replace ECU
So lost for words
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name Jay and thank you for your question.

Do you have any codes stored after you replaced the throttle chamber? Also where did you buy it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
P0507 i cleaned throttle right after that I tried to take it for a spin and the slip light kept flashing and car would not let me pass 5 mph so i purchased a Hitachi throttle body from Amazon
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

When it comes to after market electrical parts, they never tend to work right. What did you clean the throttle chamber with?

If you are getting a P0507, that means it did not take the idle relearn, so you would need to try to do it again. It's tricky to perform manually. Plus when you do it manually, you don't know if it accepted it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I used 3m throttle body cleaner and clean mircofiber towel. I reordered a Throttle body OEM. I will install and have it towed to dealer and have them to the relearn. New code today P0113
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

When it comes to the Electronic throttle chamber you can't use regular throttle chamber cleaner. You need something that is more for the Electronic throttle chamber. We use Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner since it's a electrical cleaner and it won't damage the Throttle chamber.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

That P0113 is a intake air temp sensor. That is part of the MAF sensor.