Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay, Is there a relay that controls the headlight timer? My

Hey Jay,
Is there a relay that controls the headlight timer? My passenger side headlight turns off by itself. I can turn the lights off and back on to turn them back on, sometimes it happens again. Did switch the ballasts to rules them out. 2001 QX4. Thanks...Curt

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the passenger side lights goes out, do you know if the ballast is still getting power? There is no head light timer..

Let me know..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know. Is there a way to test that with a multimeter? The only thing I did so far is switch the ballasts. The problem remained on the passenger side

There is more inside that light that could cause this. Can we continue later around 7 pm EST. That is when I will be back online...

Let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jay,Yesterday evening was tough, but I'm available anytime today.Curt

I am working right now. Can we continue later this evening? I normally get online around 7 pm EST

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Absolutely, thank you.

Let me know when you are available..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry Jay. Something came up and I won't be available until Friday.

No problem. I am normally online after 7pm EST till 10 or 11 pm so you know when you can find me,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The light seems dimmer on the passenger side, and it seems to go off when I hit a bump...although it will also go off eventually just sitting in the driveway. If it's not the bulb, I don't see any other serviceable parts.

Then the only thing I can see that could possibly cause that is a bad ballast. That could cause the light not to be as bright.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know, I switched the ballasts and the problem remained on the passenger side. Could it be a bad connector or something?

There is a wire from the ballast to the bulb I have seen go bad. I would try swapping bulbs, and if there is still no change. That wire is most likely the issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Excellent, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!