Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I'm driving a 09 G37X with 82000 miles. I just had the tires

Customer Question

I'm driving a 09 G37X with 82000 miles. I just had the tires changed with Champion fuel Fighter 22/55R17 97V. The previous set were Bridgestone. The tires seem excessively noisey while driving, with a "stiffer ride." An alignment was done. Any thoughts on why the difference in the ride and noise? Would it be worth asking for a different tire? Thanks, Bruce
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: Third set. Original set and a set of GOYR 225 55R 17 95V OETIR 267001 at 48,390 miles. (I think the GOYR is Goodyear?)
JA: Are you fixing your G37x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No one allows me to have any tools.....tires were purchased on put on by a Firestone shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that covers it. Anything else the mechanic may want?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Firestone Champion tires when they are a V rated tire will produce a stiffer ride. As for the tread of the tire, they look to be bit more aggressive, so it could produce more tire noise.

If you are unhappy with the tires, I would contact the tire place that installed them and see if there is something they can do for you. These are really not the best tires for your car. Hankook, Michelin and Bridgstones are tires recommend for your car.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!