Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an Infinity G35 that won't turn on. The security

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Infinity G35 that won't turn on. The security indicator light blinks twice when I hit the unlock button, but the car won't turn over. I replaced the battery in the key fob and have tried locking and unlocking numerous times with the manual key, but there's no response. I can't get the seats to move, lights to come on, or the dashboard indicators to come on. Tried jumping the battery, and the headlights came on while I was charging it, but then nothing. Thank you~~
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I have not checked the fuses--are they under the hood?
JA: What year is your G35?
Customer: I'm not sure. It's my 88 year-old mother's car and the manual is missing. I'll go out and look at the registration--will bring my computer and hope the wifi travels~
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've only tried the things I mentioned earlier.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a 2008 4D, I can give you the VIN number if that helps? Thank you~ Ok great, thank you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the head lights coming on only when you tried to jump start the car or will they come on with out jump starting the car?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The headlights only come in when actively jumping the car. I tested all the relevant fuses, and the ignition switch fuse did not respond, so I ordered a new one. Do you think that's what it is?
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

That sounds like for sure that you have a bad battery... but may have a blown fusible link as well. I would start with replacing the battery and let me know if that resolves the issue