Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2006 maxima that keep blower tail light fuse every

Customer Question
time I replace it where...
I have a 2006 maxima that keep blower tail light fuse every time I replace it where should I start
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
11/25/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Do the connectors for the tail light bulbs appear burnt or corroded? Also do the tail light lenses have any water inside of them?

Remove all rear tail lights including the license plate light. With all out, put in new same fuse, turn light on, blow ? or no blow?

Then install 1 bulb at a time if good leave in circuit then move on.

Look at the bulbs while out, there are 2 complete filaments, are they all the same, look into your receptacles, clean out any green stuff and wash with contact cleaner, examine the leads as much as you see and check for obvious problems.

Install bulbs with a twist, if it works try out the other filament with the blinkers.

The blinkers and tail are separate circuits so be aware the blinkers are also up front and tied to the 4way and blinker control.

Look for water or water misting at each lamp.

Make grounding is clean and solid.

Another common problem is the ground for the dash illumination which is behind the radio and will cause the tail fuse to blow.

Please remember to rate my service and accept my answer before you leave today, and let me know if you have any other questions! I will leave thread open until we confirm issue is resolved.

Craig Manning
Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician