Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Is there a way to turn the mother f***in door "DING" "DING"

Customer Question
Is there a way to...
Is there a way to turn the mother f***in door "DING" "DING" "DING" sound off when you have the door open? When I push in the little button that turns it off when you close the door, it just comes back on. I give up. Any help? Someone has to know what I'm talking about! Thank You! For a 2013 Nissan Altima SV
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
11/23/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The dinging noise you are talking about comes on when the ignition is on, and door is open. That is normal operation.

If I may ask, why do you want to disable this? I am trying to recall if it can. But before I do, give me some info as to why you want to disable it please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I'm cleaning or working inside my car, it world be nice to do so wI thought out the dinging. It is on all the time, even when the key is Off. I want it off because it's annoying

I hear ya. I just looked up this info for you. The chime is actually a signal to the BCM. So if you disable the chime, it may cause the vehicle not to start.

If your fairly handy when it comes to electrical, you can put a toggle switch on the wire so you can flip it on and off.

How good are you at electrical?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can probably do that, or just deal with it. I've just never seen another car that is that relentless with it. Thanks for the help

Do you want me to share what to do or are you good? Meaning you are going to leave it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you can write what to do that would be great, sorry I didn't understand that is what you were asking. I have the tools and am familiar with electrical enough to do this myself, but instructions would be perfect. Put it to you this way, I'm really good at building IKEA furniture. Lol. Thanks

If you don't mind, due to the holiday, I can provide you that info tomorrow evening.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician